[Shotimes] Window tinting

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:00:03 -0500

That cop that made the out of state driver remove tint in
Nashville is flat out wrong.

A state can't enforce a law that doesn't apply to another
state's driver!  Oh, I know, the cop was being a hard case
and there was probably little that the driver could do about
it.  And the driver would have won if taken to court.

When a state cop pulled over my wife because of a minor
crack in a windshield in our MGB, I went to the state regs
and found that a cracked windshield is NOT illegal unless it
weakens the structure, or is in such a location and size
that it restricts sight.

I copied that page and kept it with the car, doing something
like that if you have tint that is legal in your state
(along with a receipt from the tint company showing the % of
tint) would probably stop any future problems like this as
long as you hadn't already ticked off the cop.

Don Mallinson