[Shotimes] Re: Window Tinting

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:39:43 -0500

Windows for homes come with a UV treatment that blocks the
heat rays and damaging UV rays, but not so much of the
light.  I think some advanced window tints for cars can do
the same thing.

As we know from sunburns, it is not the bright light of the
sun that burns and causes heat, it is the other light
output.  You can get a sunburn worse on a cloudy day because
you "think" you are protected, but in truth, a cloudy day
will burn you just as much as a cloudless day.

I prefer to see at night, and would hope I would not need
the dark tint to hide from flying bullets!  (why do you
think inner city youth/gangsters, had tint first, and why
they lay seats back so they are down low and behind the
center pillar?  To hide from being shot at!

Don Mallinson