[Shotimes] Re: How much does a paint job weigh?

bjshov8 bjshov8@comcast.net
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:42:34 -0500

Yeah I wondered where that came from.  The last vette I painted used 5
quarts of paint, because I requested a little "deeper" paint.  Normally it
would have taken 4 quarts.  Out of 5 quarts of normal paint I'll bet there
isn't 4 pounds of solid stuff that stays on the car.  Of course there IS
some primer under the paint too.  I'm thinking you leave all of the primer
and paint off and you still don't save 15 pounds.