[Shotimes] (OT) Got the Harbor Freight torque wrenches

kerbyh@netzero.net kerbyh@netzero.net
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 19:58:20 GMT

They were onsale at the store for that price the weekend, but my store was sold out.  They should work fine for lug wrenching.  I don't think I'd trust them for anything vital.  For the lug nuts consistancy is more important than the actual value, within reason.

Kerby

-- "Ron Porter" <ronporter@prodigy.net> wrote:
Shipment finally showed up. Wrenches look/feel decent for $9.99, plus have a
nice plastic case. Time will tell, but for the primary purpose of checking
lug nuts, hopefully they work fine. Also got the new impact wrench & a bunch
of impact sockets, so it will all get a test when tires get rotated in the
new few days.

This was my first Harbor Freight order, so I'm always a bit skeptical until
I see what I get.