[Shotimes] [OT] Car shipping suggestions

Bill Murray fordsho@cloud9grafx.com
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 00:54:58 -0400

Shipping cars like this is common with the car stereo competition crowd
for their finals competition which happens in the fall.  www.iasca.com
or www.usaci.com might have some information listed, or you might try
and get in contact with the leaders of those groups and see if they have
any info or know of someone who might.  Those are 2 of the governing
bodies.  Guys that compete spend lots of money on their cars and
stereos, but I doubt they'd want to pay $2,000 to have their car sent to
where ever finals are that year.

Bill Murray

-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Mallinson [mailto:dmall@mwonline.net]
Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2003 12:36 AM
To: George Fourchy
Cc: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] [OT] Car shipping suggestions

I talked to about three companies, and they all quoted near
$2000 PER CAR!  We did some quick math, and with the fuel,
and about a week and a half (four days of dead time for the
driver, tough to find something to do for half a week!) and
permits needed for CA if the truck originates somewhere
else, even if you owned the truck, and drove for free, it
would be tough to do for 3-400 per car.

My son is a pro driver, so he is looking into renting a rig
and taking a vacation and driving it out for us.

If you can find somebody that will do it for 300 to 600 per
car, that would be great.  We already have 6 or 7 cars that
can be picked up at one spot in Illinois and dropped off at
one spot.  Ben Bentley's place (he still has to get
permission from his boss to park the cars for a couple of
days on their lot) but that should reduce the cost.  Figure
from Mendota, IL (or LaSalle, nearest bigger town) for
miles.  Let me know.

Don Mallinson

---