[Shotimes] [OT] Car shipping suggestions

kerbyh@netzero.net kerbyh@netzero.net
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 00:44:12 GMT

All I have to say is:

You're all wimps!  :-)

Kerby "Southern Caravan Master" Haltom

-- Donald Mallinson <dmall@mwonline.net> wrote:
I talked to about three companies, and they all quoted near
$2000 PER CAR!  We did some quick math, and with the fuel,
and about a week and a half (four days of dead time for the
driver, tough to find something to do for half a week!) and
permits needed for CA if the truck originates somewhere
else, even if you owned the truck, and drove for free, it
would be tough to do for 3-400 per car.

My son is a pro driver, so he is looking into renting a rig
and taking a vacation and driving it out for us.

If you can find somebody that will do it for 300 to 600 per
car, that would be great.  We already have 6 or 7 cars that
can be picked up at one spot in Illinois and dropped off at
one spot.  Ben Bentley's place (he still has to get
permission from his boss to park the cars for a couple of
days on their lot) but that should reduce the cost.  Figure
from Mendota, IL (or LaSalle, nearest bigger town) for
miles.  Let me know.

Don Mallinson