[Shotimes] [OT] Car shipping suggestions

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 15:21:12 -0400

What? 2,500 miles across 3 days is a cakewalk!!

What I have found.....and even when I was a lot younger than my current 53
years......is that anything over 1,000 in a day is a real killer. It's fine
for doing as a last day, or a one-day trip, but it is very tough to do
1,000+ then drive again the next day.

OTOH, 800-900-mile days are fine, and 3-4 of those strung together are no
sweat. In 1994 (Dallas-Lake Zurich IL, just under 1000 miles), 1999 (from
Atlanta-Detroit, 750 miles) and in 2001 (Tulsa-Detroit, 900 miles), I drove
home from the Conventions in one day, and it was no sweat at all.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Shylo McKinsey
Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2003 2:36 PM
To: dmall@mwonline.net; kerbyh@netzero.net; TaurusSHO
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] [OT] Car shipping suggestions

I drove 2500 miles from MT to NC for school in August.
The a/c crapped out somewheres in Kentucky... much
fun. 3 days, 300 gallons of gas, 3000 cds, and ONE
HELLUVA HEADACHE. They say long distant drives are for
us younguns, but at 19, 2500 miles was more than far
enough thank you very much...

Shylo McKinsey

'91 White MTX