[Shotimes] Highway 1 in California....was: Re: [OT] Car shipping suggestions

George Fourchy George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:06:24 -0700

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:27:01 -0500, Donald Mallinson wrote:

>Also, although it will probably be slow going, I wanted to
>do route 1 between SF and LA.

You'd better make sure you allow at least one whole day for that....it's a LONG way
at about 30 mph average speed.  It wore me out in 1967 in the '65 Mustang (when I
was 21, and had a gorgeous girl as a passenger), a much lighter car to drive than a
Gen 3 SHO.  In fact, we gave up at Monterey, and came directly home, rather than
going all the way to SF.

No I'm NOT a wimp.....that is a murderously tiring road!!   LOL!!

George