[Shotimes] Ford OEM Clutches .. possible problems

Justin Schick jschick@aafp.org
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:03:52 -0500

My last round of clutch fun ended with this setup: SS aluminum flywheel, OEM disc and PP, and a ceramic TOB. The only problem I had was the tolerances were so tight it drug, and I was having problems engaging 1st. After putting some miles and wear on it, it's performing absolutely peachy now in every respect.

I've always used OEM PPs and discs, and have never had a slippage issue (due to them directly anyway, we won't mention my grenading Grizzly bearing). I don't baby my car. I would think a light flywheel would put me in the worst possible category with regard to the clutch's ability to grip, so I'd have to assume your customer either glazed it with a bit of abuse or got a defective part somewhere in the mix.

Good luck!

Justin Schick
silver 92 SHO in KC MO
198k and counting quickly

>>> "1badsho" <1badsho@mail.tnh.net> 10/20/03 12:41PM >>>
Would like to poll the list on a possible problem some members are expierencing on there new stock Ford clutchs.

I had a customer who bought a ford Stock Clutch only several mths later for the clutch to begin to slip.

I hear that others have expierenced this problem too and would like to take a poll from the list as to there expierence with the ford clutch as to any similair problems.

The problem manifests itself only in full throttle at max torque.

dond