[Shotimes] Convention hotel (and Convention dates) finalized......finally!!

George Fourchy George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 21:43:05 -0700

OK....

It's definitely the Holiday Inn in Vallejo, as was briefed at the convention, and as
is shown in pictures (I think....if not, it will be soon) on the website.

The dates will be....July 12 thru July 15, 2004.   The rate is $79 per night.  I've
reserved 100 rooms for those nights, 50 for the preceeding Sunday night, and 20 for
the preceeding Saturday night.  For Friday night, there are 40 reserved, and for
Saturday night (the 17th), there are 10.  If anyone wants to stay longer before or
after the convention at the SHOClub rate, that is possible, but the reservation
needs to be made directly with me, or with the director of sales, with whom I've
been working.

The rooms go back to the hotel 30 days prior to the convention.  If you haven't made
reservations by then, you're probably out of luck.  MAKE THEM NOW....YOU CAN ALWAYS
CANCEL LATER.  It happens every year....the rooms are gone, and folks decide they
want to go when it is too late to get a good rate.  There are a couple of hotels
nearby, a few miles either side of this one, but the rates and accomodations may or
may not be competitive.  I'll have information on them on the website, too.  It may
be a week or so before I get to working on it....I don't have my fast dial-up
connection anymore (new house is too far down the phone trunk), and we can't get
cable or DSL here until next spring.

I'll be able to get discounted tickets for 6-Flags Marine World for a group of 15 or
more people.  The prices will be in the low to middle 20s, where the regular price
is 44 bucks a day, and the hotel price is 27 a day.  (These were '03 prices.....'04
should be similar.)  There will be a line on the Convention entry form for tickets
for 6-Flags.

George