[Shotimes] 22' trailer for sale

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:39:20 -0500

Just wanted the SHO folks to know that my 22 foot enclosed
car hauler is for sale.

I bought it about 1989 and used it for years to haul old
cars.  Lately, I took the SHO to a couple of conventions.

Haven't used it since the last Atlanta convention though.

Steel frame (HD frame, HD axles) with mostly aluminum skin,
diamondplate aluminum floor.

22 foot inside depth (24/25 feet long with front A-frame),
full legal 102" width and 6' interior height.  Designed so
even I (big guy) can walk around a big 60's car and not
destroy the paint with a belt buckle.

Will hold 7000 pounds if necessary.  Tows nice, and is easy
to load cars onto and off of.

White in color inside and out.  Not insulated inside, but
could be easily.

Drop door tailgate/ramp with extension ramps that come off
that door.  Means you can load a pretty low custom/rod or
race car without dragging the frame.

Trailer is set up high on the axles, that adds a tiny bit to
wind resistence, but it also allows the wheel tubs inside to
be low enough that almost any car door will open to the side
door allowing a driver to step right out without crawling
out a window.

Front access door is good for jack accessories, side walk-in
door with slide-out step.

Extra interior lights high and low and accessory loading
lights on the back.

HD winch/cable that can load a 4000#+ car that isn't running.

D-rings in the floor, spare tire, and here is the kicker:

15' awning on the right side big enough to park a car under,
or have a party under in the rain.

I repainted the few steel panels in the front (don't ding as
easily as aluminum)a few years ago, other than needing a
good bath, it is in good cosmetic condition.  Small tear in
the awning.

Light/brake wiring needs a little work.

Cost over $6000 new, selling for $2500.