[Shotimes] AutoX at Rantoul a blast!

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 22:55:31 -0500

Well, there were TWO SHO's at Rantoul for a WET autocross
along with about 40 other brave souls that enjoyed a fun day
of slipping and sliding through a real fun and tight course.

Fastest cars were doing low 50's.  Typical car in the low 60's.

My son Ken and I co-drove my car, but Ken only got one run
before he took off to get lunch for everyone.  He did a 66
second run.

I got the full five runs in later, and did:

1= 65 seconds
2= 77 seconds, centerpunched a cone, circled around so as
not to get an off course, and finished.
3= 60 seconds
4= 59 seconds
5= 58 seconds and a big grin.

I then took John Stout for "fun run" ride in my car and with
the two of us "tiny" guys, I managed a 59 second run!

Ken then took John's friend for a fun run and got a 60
second run.

Overall, we did the SHO community proud, and my trusty '89
with 180,000 miles impressed the ricer crowd enough that
they kept coming over and looking my car and Ken's car up
and down.

As the rain only added to the fun, I am hoping that we got
all of it in Illinois and Ron and the bunch at Lapier, had a
dry day.

Don Mallinson