[Shotimes] Weekend at Porters

Kirk Doucette Kirk.doucette@verizon.net
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 00:36:13 -0500

Well I wanted to thank Ron in public for hosting a great together. It was
truly a blast when you can Race, Eat like a King, Drink Lots of Beer
(Macoomb drank like the fish he is), and enjoy the company of lots of great
people.

The track MYTH which I started a few years ago as a BALL Busting joke to Ron
and Scottie turned into some ugly crap this time..  The track was real
decent for a family owned place, no big drop offs and I think it really is
1320 feet long :-). Run offs seemed a bit small for the High HP cars but for
99% of the cars I had see there had no problem. The burn out boxes were a
bit screwy in the format that were laid out, but that is also because we
have FWD, traction for me was pretty decent but others had lots of trouble.
The magical times were not made as I hoped but that had a lot to do with the
weather, as most times from around the country will show that you need the
PERFECT conditions. I was reading about Ryan Paschs car doing a 14.5 at
US41, Now Ive seen this car a few times and its NOT a 14.5 sec car under
most circumstances, but with the right ones it could be. As far as who is
king of the hill, Slips count. But its at the time when we are all together
to be the king. I most certainly missed Nimz at this event because I could
have had fun with him off the bottle to see whose stuff makes it faster and
looking over time slips.

I hit both my personal best records this past weekend, with a 13.905@99.01
<mailto:13.905@99.01>  MPH  on the Juice and a 14.614 ( I forgot the MPH. I
keep looking at the 13.9 slip) off of the juice. My car ran exceptional good
this weekend better than most, it felt stronger than it ever has. Maybe Rons
good Midwest gas :-).  Driving around today it doesnt feel nearly as good
as it did out there. And I can only hope to duplicate again someday.  I was
the second fastest SHO out there this weekend to the one and only TOM W. Tom
is part of the reason I have a decent running NOS car because of his hard
work and time and the fact that he shared his info about the V6 and I made
it work on the V8. ( Thanks TOM!!!)  Tom did not come close to where he
normally does but his 13.901 beat me :-)

This past weekend has rejuvenated me a whole bunch towards my main focus of
the V8 SHO and that is performance and to go faster!  Honestly with the cam
welds going on (Now up to 212) I honestly was getting a sour taste in my
mouth. But I ordered a bunch of stuff and finished up some research on a few
things for our cars tonight. This made me pretty happy, Ill see if I can
keep the trend going.

Anyway thanks To Ron Porter for making this happen.  Lapeer is now on my
list of events to hit every year along with the Convention and Carlisle.

Also my thanks to the groups that made a VERY decent presence
V8SHO Of course!
Shotimes
SHOFourm
The TCCA  (Taurus Car Club of America)

Oh and Heather, I drank your bud light and switched your glass with the Buck
Piss!

TR owners: Wendell gave all that he had with his Beautiful TR, But he
learned quickly over and over that The White Lightning assembly rules :-)
and Larry cheated..

Ive added the owners of the groups that showed incase they want to post this
on their site.

Kirk J Doucette
NESHOC President
Stormtrooper-97 White