[Shotimes] Tires

bobsteig@att.net bobsteig@att.net
Fri, 05 Sep 2003 01:29:25 +0000

I've been using the Continental 'Conti Extreme Contact' and find them to be a
stout tire. Decent enough in the dry to be able to be pushed, great grip in
the wet. No snow experience, I've only had 'em for 4 months and I rarely if
ever would take the car out in snow. They're a directional tire so you can
only rotate 'em back to front, not side to side. (unless you break 'em off
the rim each time, PITA)
Cost about $85, but you're getting a versital premium tire for that money.

Best, Bob (BB-NYC '89)

srfdude@cox.net>
To: <TechSHO@topica.com>
Cc: <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 15:10:30 -0700
Subject: [Shotimes] Re: Tires

Exactly the sort of responses I was hoping for.  Steve wrote he liked the
Sumitomo, somewhat, sort of damning with faint praise while others have more
heartily endorsed the Kumhos, and panned the Falkiens.  The problem with
Tire rack is the shipping plus local mounting, which averages $20/tire.
Maybe I can convince Discount to discount them...........
Mike