[Shotimes] Alignment

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:30:08 -0500

Just a slight correction:  The rear suspension on the SHO IS
slightly adjustable.  Performance Plus made adjustments on
my '89 some time ago that helped.  There are excentric
bushings in the arms that allow some adjustment.  It is just
that most mechanics are too lazy to try.

The biggest rip is when shops charge for an "alignment" but
only adjust toe.  Since the only real adjustment on the
Front even is toe.  It is possible to move the subframe
around to equalize settings from side to side, but without
breaking or drilling the welds on the strut tower, real
adjustment is not possible.

Don Mallinson