[Shotimes] Emissions Test ??? Help !!

Shaun & Meggen Livermore smlivermore@wi.rr.com
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 21:09:50 -0500

AS far as the exhaust joint I don't know what to do.  I took off the old
broken flange and attempted to just weld the two pieces together.  There
together now but the leak is just as bad.  I plan to never weld again!
Also about that jumper... do you have any pictures or anything like that
of it.  I can't seem to find it.  I have an EEC test connector but not a
ABS one.  The car does have ABS though. ????  What were your symptoms
when your temp sensor went out?  Maybe that's the problem.  Thanks
again.

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Bill Murray
Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2003 11:48 AM
To: 'Shaun & Meggen Livermore'; SHOTimes
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Emissions Test ??? Help !!

Get the leak at the y-pipe fixed, you just need the donut gasket.
They're pretty cheap.  You should also try and pull the SPOUT jumper. It
will help for sure with NOx and possibly the other emissions too.  It's
just a grey square plug in a connector near the ABS and EEC test
connectors.  It's about the size of a quarter and the gray part has no
wires coming out of it, it's just a jumper.  I was able to pass
emissions here in NJ with the plug removed after I failed the first
time.  My temp sender was bad and my car would not get out of open-loop
mode.  Maybe thats one of your problems too?

Bill Murray