[Shotimes] V8 transplant into Gen-4 Taurus-Possible?

Thesing, Hunter M. HMTHESING@stthomas.edu
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:01:41 -0500

Has anyone ever contemplated dropping a 3.4L SHO engine into a Gen-4 Taurus,
such as a 2001 SE (which is what my wife has)?  Would it be possible?  How
hard (or simple) would it be, and what all would be required?  I think this
would be a killer in disguise on the street, and my wife really likes my car
('93 MTX) but doesn't like driving the stick.  I would assume that I would
need the engine, tranny and computer, but what else would I need, and what
would I have to modify (just to get the engine in and drivable, suspension,
etc. to come later)??

Now let the great minds go to work.  I can't wait to hear your opinions.
Thanks, as always, in adavance.

Hunter Thesing

'93 MTX EG

105K miles

Custom Ram air intake

K&N Filter

155lph fuel pump

Flowmaster muffler (waiting for installation)

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef]