[Shotimes] cutting vent holes in the header panel

Kirk Doucette Kirk.doucette@verizon.net
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:46:41 -0400

Well I just listed one for you on ebay as Police, towing and Taxi :)  Covers
all the bases.. also listed a BOS kit all broken down

Kirk J Doucette
NESHOC President
Stormtrooper-97 White

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On
Behalf Of Ron Porter
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 1:03 AM
To: 'Donald Mallinson'; 'Shotimes'
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] cutting vent holes in the header panel

Well, a lot of things were a part of the Police package, and the HD Cooling
- Trailer Towing (now I don't recall if these were one & the same or not)
was just one component.

There are a LOT (well, "were" a lot) of the SLOs with the slotted grill
around Detroit, and a bigger bunch around Louisville. There was even at
least one regular SLO with the grill in the junkyard when I bought my seat
track, but I already had the grill on the '89 and they weren't in short
supply yet. Through the late '90s, I saw more of those grills on SLOs than I
did on SHOs. And I don't recall seeing them on very many police cars,
although IIRC Louisville had a couple of old SLO department cars still
running around.

If someone has one of the old Sales Brochures for Tauri from the '89-'91
era, I'm sure the exact listing of the option will be there.

IMHO, SHO folks called them Police grills, because that sounds better than
the "Taxi" grill or the "Towing" grill!!

Using the grill is a "looks" thing, it's the only reason that I and other
got it in the first place.