[Shotimes] Problem of the Month

Robert A. Pittman, Jr. rob.pittman@verizon.net
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:44:10 -0500

This one is really strange.  For some reason, the EATC in my 90MTX is
causing a complete electronic failure.  While driving with the EATC set to
"AUTO" and the blower kicked up, the car completely died at highway speed
and kicked back on.  The lights went off, the tach pegged all the way to 8K.
Did this repeatedly.  I switched off the EATC and the problem did not recur.
Turned EATC to "Vent"; I believe this does not engage the compressor, but
just runs the blower.  Same problem.  Switched EATC off, and everything was
fine.  Any ideas?  Anyone else ever experienced this?

On the upside, the light in my dashboard clock started working again during
all this.

All ideas appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rob