[Shotimes] 1993 White Manual SHO For Sale - Grapevine (Ft. Worth) Texas

Mike Fisher mdfisher@gte.net
Sun, 8 Aug 2004 11:06:15 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I have decided to sell my extremely clean, 1993 white SHO. Unfortunately, the
A/C compressor died last weekend, and I can't see putting more money into it
at the moment. I was planning on buying a new car at the end of this year
anyway, so this has just accelerated that purchase. I just spent $254 putting
a new thermostat in it the week before the A/C died, so I'm tapped out for
spending.

I have owned the car myself since June, 2002. I purchased it from a dealer in
Southern California and had it shipped here. I was amazed at how clean the
whole car was, and that all the accessories still worked. I ran a Carfax
report on it before I bought it, and everything came up clean. It had
apparently been owned by two different people in the Denver area, and been
through California just at the dealership.

All the cosmetics of the car are amazing, inside and out. The paint is bright
and shiny, the rubber is in good condition. The white slicers are in good
condition, with a few scratches apparent, but nothing major. The glass is all
in good condition, and I had a new windshield installed June, 2003, because
the original was severely pitted. The car has absolutely no rust, which is
amazing considering where it spent most of its life. The interior is in almost
mint condition. I cannot point to any one thing where you would find something
obvious. There's no wear anywhere on the seating surfaces, including the
bolsters. No wear on the steering wheel, no cracks in the dashboard, not even
any cracks in the leather part of the upholstery.

The car currently has 94021 miles, and I'm not driving since the A/C is dead.

It has been a perfectly reliable car in the over two years that I've owned it.
In that time I have replaced the battery (March, 2003), the Idle Air Bypass
Valve (June, 2003) and the thermostat a couple of weeks ago.

The car was in a minor accident in January of this year, and was totalled by
State Farm because the coemetic damage that was done was more than the car was
worth. I bought the car back from the insurance company and hired a
professional restoration body shop to reassemble the car using new factory
parts. I replaced the hood, left front fender, front bumper cover, both
headlights, side marker lights and foglights, bumper reinforcement bar,
headlight reinforcement and left front bumper shock. If you were to see the
car and drive it today, you wouldn't know it had been in an accident. It does
have a Texas salvage title because even though there was no structural damage
done, Texas law requires it because the monetary amount to repair it was more
than the car's book value. There was NO structural damage done!

Details on the car:
  a.. 1993 White SHO
  b.. Grey leather and cloth interior.
  c.. No moonroof or keyless entry.
  d.. Both power front bucket seats.
  e.. JBL stereo with CD player in excellent working condition.
  f.. White-faced Gauges. I still have the original black faces if somebody
wanted to put them back.
  g.. K&N Filter element.
  h.. California Car Cover Company gray Stormweave cover, bag and lock.
  i.. 1993 Taurus factory service manual.
The car also has ASA JS-5 16"x7.5" wheels on it now, with 215-55x16"
Continental ContiTouring radials with ~8,000 miles. I added the tires and
wheels myself, so they're virutally new. I still have the factory white
slicers with Goodyear Eagle T/R 215-60x16" tires in good condition with lots
of tread left.

I would like to get $2000 for the car with the aftermarket wheels and tires,
or $1500 with the slicers. If I don't get the car sold this week, I'll
probably be trading it in and taking a beating.

If you want pictures, I have current pictures after the accident damage was
fixed, and ones showing what the damage looked like. I can also take new
pictures. If you want the VIN, I can provide that, too.

You won't find a nicer SHO of this vintage around. I hate to let it go, but I
have to be realistic about spending more money on it. This is not a 25 or
50-footer. Even upon close inspection, it's hard to find flaws.

Thanks,

Mike Fisher
214-228-3067