[Shotimes] Tranny flush

ROBERT SCHIRMER 1surferbum@msn.com
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:04:45 -0400

I just got my sons pathfinder done while he had some exhaust work done at at
Midas, and when they do the trans flush using a flushing machine for $120, it
DOES NOT include a filter. To replace the filter they quoted me another $120
for the pathfinder, after I asked about the filter being replaced. They
claimed that the filter also gets cleaned during this flushing process

I figured I'd try my sons truck before I sacrificed the SHO up.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Carl Prochilo<mailto:gr8sho@prochilo.myserver.org>
  To: shotimes@autox.team.net<mailto:shotimes@autox.team.net>
  Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:57 AM
  Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Re: Tranny flush

  Like I said, when it comes this stuff (ATX), I am a certified ignoramous.
  However, if they claim it's a flush and filter service, I would expect new
  transmission fluid AND a new filter.  I will confirm with them.

  I will also find out if they offer synthetic fluid over dyno and see what
  that difference is.
  --
  Cheers,
  Carl Prochilo