[Shotimes] CAM bearings and/or CAMs

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:30:57 -0400

For the SHOs with rev limiters intact, it hits at what....7,200 or so??
That's nothing! Fuel has nothing to do with it, the oil pump is still
functioning. There's no fuel when you take your foot off the gas and use
engine braking to slow the car down, either. At 7K, the oil pressure &
volume is at it's highest.

Don't see how he could be 3 quarts low & not know it, as the Oil light comes
on when you are two quarts low. Unless the light is burned out.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Ian Fisher
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 1:05 PM
To: Paul L Fisher; 'Johnsho92'; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] CAM bearings and/or CAMs

I think that the SHO rev limiter works by cutting the
fuel. If he was sitting there banging the engine off
of the rev limiter he was in fact leaning the engine
out when the fuel cut, letting the rev's drop, fuel
comes in, fuel is cut, etc. It shouldn't really matter
too much on an N/A car (you don't want a fuel cut out
on a turbo or blower car) with a fresh motor but if he
has a tired motor with bearings of questionable
strength, hitting the rev. limiter probably didn't
help things..

FWIW

I'd say rod bearings too..

Ian