[Shotimes] Cleaning 'Coated' TB's

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:40:42 -0800 (PST)

I wouldn't worry about messing up the port match on
the heads to the intake. There are dowel pins on the
heads that keep the gaskets and intake runners in
place so they cannot shift. However, there is some
adjustabilty in the hose clamps which will allow you
to get the manifold positioned correctly.

It's a shame about Justin's car but I'm sure he's
happy with the Sti. His transmission, clutch and
flywheel have gone to good use. ;)

You asked me about PCV catchcans before. Check out:

http://riptide.servehttp.com/~ianf/Tom/Tom.html

as well as the second page linked from the bottom.

The positive crankcase ventilation system vents blowby
from the crankcase through the intake to mix it with
fresh air. Some people run a catchcan to seperate the
blowby and keep it from entering the intake and
gumming it all up. A few people (Jason Zuress, Bruce
Malachuk and I) are (or will be) using a crank case
evacuation setup that will pull the blowby out through
the exhaust. I'm still on the fence on whether or not
I want to do this or not but I think Jason and Bruce
have been using their setup for a bit without
problems.

Ian

--- Carl Prochilo <gr8sho@prochilo.myserver.org>