[Shotimes] Autolock and MTX

James F. Ryan III av8r567@optonline.net
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 19:06:48 -0700

> Drive is the opposite of Park?

That is true and I knew that was one of the replies I was going to get.  But
that only makes sense if the early automobiles did NOT initially have
reverse.  Did they?

Having said that, heavy-duty trucks with air brakes and auto trans do not
have a "P"ark position, yet they do have "R"everse and "D"rive.  Shouldn't
they have "R"everse and "F"orward instead?

As a fellow engineer at work is fond of telling me, "There you go thinking
again and trying to make sense of all of this."

Cynical Jim Ryan in Salt Lake City
'91 PLUS - All white/mocha