[Shotimes] (OT) Bought a Mazda 6

Mark Kelley mkelley1@gt.rr.com
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 09:48:25 -0600

Are you for sure it was the V6 model?  The 4 banger version also has dual
exhausts so it's to distinguish them from each other.  The V6 is a little
weak on the bottom end but really starts to sing as the revs come up.  From
50-100 I'd say my 6 ATX is faster than my 95 SHO ATX.  Some of the 0-60
times I've seen on the V6 MTX are in 6.5-6.8 range and 1/4 miles in the
14.9-15.1 range.

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Kevin & Cheryl Airth
Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2004 9:38 AM
To: Mark Kelley; SHOtimes (Team.net)
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] (OT) Bought a Mazda 6

Mark:
 I heard they were a good bit quicker than a SHO. What's your opinion? I ran
one hard from a stop light and had about 1.5 car lengths on it by 70 MPH. I
really thought I would get cleaned pretty good? This was with my wife's
stock 93 ATX that does have a shift kit. What's the published 0-60 time?
.
.