[Shotimes] OT Daytona 24hrs good

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Mon, 02 Feb 2004 09:21:25 -0600

John,

My original note referrences the fact that Pontiac uses the
Chevy Small block as their V8, what we are wondering is if
Pontiac division uses a unique head for this sports car
motor like they do in NASCAR (or at least they used to use a
unique head).

It is no different from Ford and Mercury using the same
engine, or Mercedes and Mopar now. and in race cars, we have
Ford building a Chevy.

Probably the best indicator is who pays the bills, so yes,
Pontiac sponsored the car, but Pontiac fans can still be
happy that a "Pontiac" won, as much as a "chevy" fan or even
  some of the others cars where a corporate engine
(Infinity?) was put in a tube frame custom built race car.
And I assume that there could be some Pontiac engineering
folks involved in research/testing in some way, and that
benefits future street cars, if only a little.

Don Mallinson