[Shotimes] Clutch Thoughts

DAVID PILLSBURY cobraii976@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 13:08:13 -0800 (PST)

Hey that's not fair. I'm Frank's friend the guy who owns the NAPA. Ron could be a hell of nice guy who know's. And if not Frank gets a new customer and I keep getting my discount It's a WIN WIN>>>>> :-)

Paul L Fisher <sho@paul-fisher.com> wrote:You're Ron's friend? Great...... Now I have to add you to my ignore
list......... ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of DAVID PILLSBURY
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 2:00 PM
To: Ron Porter; 'SHO'
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Clutch Thoughts

Ron,
Your in Lake Orion? Ahh so much of my youth wasted on that lake and
drinking. Orginally I'm up the road from there Auburn Hills. Now I'm a tad
west of that over towards Flint. Just remember to Shop at the NAPA in Oxford
Tell Frank I sent ya and your a Friend. You'll love the price diffrence.

Ron Porter wrote:
Check out Josh's clutch offerings at SHO Nut:

http://www.shonutperformance.com/

Another alternative are the clutches at South Bend:

http://www.dxdracingclutches.com/home.html

The Rally clutch is like a stock clutch, and the TZ series is a bit more
than Josh's.

I am looking at these for my car, as I need a clutch this Spring.

I haven't gone over to get a price yet, but Pioneer Transmission here in
Lake Orion (MI) did the rebuilt on the MTX in the '95 I had, then did a
tranny swap with an Al Fitz tranny when I blew it again (under my warranty).
They did a tranny R&R and installed a new torque converter (that Ryan
provided) on Ryan Dudek's '98 ATX for $300. I suspect a clutch install will
run about the same. They seem to do decent work, but I feel that any of the
local tranny shops in most towns can handle it.