[Shotimes] speedometer crazy

George Fourchy krazgeo@jps.net
Tue, 03 Feb 2004 18:34:30 -0800

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 19:38:52 -0500, ROBERT SCHIRMER wrote:

>Neighbor has a '93 sable with a normal ford speedometer, who's needle now
>swings wildly when it it being driven. Your thoughts would be appreciated??

For some reason, the magnetic yoke around the disc that is induced to move and then
move the needle is rubbing the disc (is too close to it).  My black car did this
too, with its original gauge cluster.  We put (actually Mark did) a new cluster in
it, and it is OK.  I haven't had a chance to investigate what is happening, but if
the cable stretches, for some reason (possibly during a cable change),  it COULD
push against the yoke and make it contact the disc.

That's all I've been able to come up with, so far.  There are SO many things I need
to do to these two cars (Lowrdr and Black), but have had NO time.

George