[Shotimes] HELP with radio static

Harry Seaman hjseaman@earthlink.net
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 09:33:27 -0600

============Steve said ================
There's a disturbing amount of static coming through my radio.  Doesn't
matter what station or band it's on, always the same.  Strange thing is the
static goes away with some throttle.  Driving around I can make the static
come and go by going, coasting, going, etc.  Makes it seem like a grounding
problem, but I don't know anything about car electronics.

For some background, it's the JBL system, but with an aftermarket deck
installed using the OEM Interface to incorporate the factory
amps/speakers/sub.
There is a TSB and parts kit that could help. It consists of 2 springy brass
things that you put in the rear wheel hubs, under the grease caps. Supposed
to help in grounding the axle to the wheel.  I had a lot of AM noise..I
could not notice any improvement after installing the kit however.

good luck
Harry
95m