[Shotimes] early sho ad

Jon Heese heese@digi-net.com
Wed, 04 Feb 2004 16:25:17 -0500

I have seen the Impala SS ad
(http://i7.ebayimg.com/02/i/01/3e/51/10_1.JPG), but this is definitely
not the picture on the ad I remember seeing.  The shot I remember was a
front driver's side view and the car pictured was definitely older than
that, I would guess around '89 or older (would make sense as an ad for
the SHO's debut).  I have seen mention of a Grand National ad with the
same tagline (http://www.mike.faunce.com/grand.htm among others), but
have not seen a scan of the GN ad to see if it is the pic I remember.  I
guess my logic is that if the GN ad and the SS ad both use the same
tagline, it's feasible (although unlikely given competition issues) that
Ford could've used it in a SHO ad.

Anyone seen the GN or SHO versions?

Jon Heese
'95 3.0 GL