[Shotimes] Racing against fast trucks

Kirk Doucette Kirk.doucette@verizon.net
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 16:46:56 -0500

The only trucks that GMC made were "fast" were the Typhoon or the Cyclone I
forget which was the truck.  This thing you would not have even had a
glimmer of a hope unless he shut down at part throttle.

But now a days they all have about 300hp and weigh about the same as a SHO,
the only thing that is special that comes to mind would be the new SS
Silverado or the SS of yesteryear.
Ill tell you what though It don't sound like much but I think my S-10 ZR2 is
much quicker out of the hole and be close in a 1/8 mile race, I know what
the stats say about the truck, and it is only a seat of the pants thing but
it feels quick.

Besides being a special car to us, its not fast or special at all any more.
<-------   For today's standards

Kirk J Doucette
NESHOC President
Stormtrooper-97 White

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On
Behalf Of Carl Prochilo
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 1:34 PM
To: Mike Murphy
Cc: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Racing against fast trucks

Just so you know the genesis of my question.  I am not in the market for a
pickup.  I had a situation last night were I raced a pickup, and I'm sure it
was a GMC.  He raced away at the green light and my reaction was slow, but
still expected my car to catch and beat him.  I eventually caught him and
passed him around 100 after I had to slow behind a car in the right lane.  I
was left with a less than satisfied feeling after that.  The guy's truck was
very quick.

Murph, 500hp at the crank for what, your SHO?  Must be supercharged, right?
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo