[Shotimes] Racing against fast trucks

bjshov8@comcast.net bjshov8@comcast.net
Thu, 05 Feb 2004 22:26:40 +0000

> Well technically with a 13% driveline loss I'm at 499.46hp.   The torque
> is only 350lbs to the ground which was the reason for my loss to the
> Toolman.

Is his torque curve flatter, or does he develop peak horsepower at lower rpm's?  We had some discussions a while back about positive displacement superchargers vs. centrifugal superchargers.  The thought was that a positive displacement would improve the lower rpm torque vs. the centrifugal not developing its boost until high rpm's.  But then a turbo should have the same characteristics of not developing high boost until high rpm's, unless there is a popoff valve in there that bleeds off a lot of boost at high rpm's.