[Shotimes] LSD Conversion KIT for the SHO? Any comments?

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Fri, 06 Feb 2004 09:02:56 -0600

Frank,

The type mentioned in your link is pretty well known to not
work, and be bad for the life of your transmission.

The $1200 for the Quaife plus labor)  is a bargain if you
love your MTX SHO, want to do any aggressive driving or
racing and don't want an unplanned failure.

I am seriously considering putting in a Quaife in my '91 so
I don't have to worry about the tranny.  Kind of like
welding the cams on a V8 SHO!

When I put the Quaife in my 89 it was a great day.  First
time on a road race track was a real joy.  Autocross too.
Don't buy it for drag racing so much, but it helps in snow
and the big reason is so you don't have to worry about the
diff taking out the tranny.

The LSD you mention in the link, probably does NOTHING to
help prevent the locating pin failure that takes out our
transmissions.

Don Mallinson