[Shotimes] transportation to CA Conv. via truck info

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Fri, 06 Feb 2004 12:44:17 -0600

I have been doing more research into transportation of SHO's
to the California Convention.

I found an outfit that can pick up just about anywhere on
the east coast, and along I-80.

Cars picked up on the east coast would cost about $1000 per
car round trip, and cars farthur on down the line would be
somewhat less expensive.  Maybe cars from Illinois would be
$800?  I have gotten this type of quote now from about four
different companies, so this seems to be about the best,
unless someone has an in with an outfit.

This latest bid is from a trucker that owns an SHO, and he
may stick his on as the 10th car (he can get 10 on total)
and join us at the convention.

Question is:  Are there nine people out there willing to pay
up to $1000 to get their car to the convention and back?

feel free to reply to me off-line, although, this IS ON
topic for once!  :)

If we don't get at least 6 people willing to put down a
deposit for this service, then I am going to let this topic
die, and if others can find a better deal, then they can
pursue it.

Don Mallinson
SHO Club