[Shotimes] LSD Conversion KIT for the SHO? Any comments?

Mike Kopstain SHOtimes@midwestsho.com
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 12:52:36 -0600

Edit: We are long winded.  The server rejected my response due to size. :-)

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree then Don.  I'm just
speaking based on my experience.

In all of the 6 months we had a shop, I never once replaced a differential
or came across a customer with that problem.  I did, however, come by plenty
of rod bearing failures, 8 lethal, that I can think of off hand.  Some cars
will knock for a month with no degradation in performance, while some cars
will knock in the morning and be toast in the afternoon.

One case I can think of was a customer with a 91' Mocha plus (that has to
hit home!) that called me in the morning to tell me that his motor was
clacking on startup.  By the time he got it to my house, it was knocking
quite loudly, could barely move under it's own power, and the motor had to
be replaced.  We ended up sticking a 3.2 in it.  I have several similar
stories, but not one of a failed diff.

Even now, I can't remember the last time I heard of a stock differential
failing, save for a car I was going to buy in Michigan.

~ Mike

Midwest SHO - For Everything SHO
www.midwestsho.com
Sales@Midwestsho.com

Advance Motorsports - For everything else
www.advancemotor.com
Support@advancemotor.com