[Shotimes] transportation to CA Conv. via truck info

Kirk Doucette Kirk.doucette@verizon.net
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 23:31:49 -0500

This is why I need to leave the Northeast!!!!!!!!

Nashville to Mass 1061 miles...  17hrs
Nashville to PA somewhere    10hrs

Kirk J Doucette
NESHOC President
Stormtrooper-97 White

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On
Behalf Of Hartberger, Jason M. ATAN
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 9:34 PM
To: 'George Fourchy'; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] transportation to CA Conv. via truck info

well, at $30 a tank, and about 400 miles a tank (I got the 16 gallon tank,
curses), with 3500 miles total, that's about $270 for gas. assuming about
1200 miles a day (14 hours a day driving 90, minus stops for peeing once or
twice a day), that's, oh, conservatively 4 days of driving. 3 nighs of
hotel, at ~$70-$100 a night, is, we'll splurge and say $300. For food, we'll
throw in another $75. Eatin' cheap here, folks. So, the grand total would be
$645. Throw in a little more for tolls and incidentals, and that's $700
coast-to-coast. Now, granted, I'm young and fit (hahahah.. what a dork), so
I could really drive 14 hours a day and be good to go. Plus, I'd probably
just sleep in car and save another $300... $400 to go coast-to-coast for me!
of course, I'd be a friggin wreck when I got there... and the chances of me
dying on that fourth day would be pretty high... this is alone. If there
were a passenger, it'd be higher... more mouths to feed.

Just my experience. I drove from Wichita to Norfolk in 2 days, in a 94 MTX
that I wasn't sure would make it.. (failing CPS, I know now) that was fun.
cost maybe $150 total. food (didn't eat), gas, lodging ($60, looove the
military discount).

Like Dave says (must give credit where due), just my .02