[Shotimes] Re: Nice New (to me) Red

fwhittle@mindspring.com fwhittle@mindspring.com
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 03:46:10 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

"want" and "can afford" are two different things, unfortunately.  I'd LOVE to have a white Gen II MTX.

Frank Whittle
'95 ATX (green)

From: "Marc Randolph" <gsf1299@speedfactory.net>
To: "shotimes" <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 22:24:15 -0500
Subject: [Shotimes] Nice New (to me) Red '97

Hi all,
I have been searching for my dream car (96-98 SHO) for two years now but
they're always too expensive. Three kids and their braces and the '93 and
its parts purchases seem to be all I can afford. Last year, in Marietta GA,
I found a '96 for $4999. Custom wheels. Flew out there and talked to the lot
attendent - blown engine - the old cam let go and some mechanic was tending
to it, hoping to take it home cheap. 1 down.

Last week, Auto Trader showed a '96 with 84K in Duluth for $5775. Ran up
there. Drat, they sold it Tuesday. I won't even start-on about the sleezy
salesman. 2 down.

Yesterday, finally, a '97 with 63K miles at $5999. Too good to be true? I
called this morning and they said it was on the lot and had no damage.
Traded-in by a 62 year old who wanted to move to a truck. It took 5 hours to
get to Nashville and 4 to get back. The trans is very tight and the engine
very clean. I prayed for no ticking sounds and ran it home. She needs a
cleaning but runs like a charm. Moon roof and trunk CD.

On to FPS for a cam weld and now I'm a member of the V8 crowd. I do love
this car! Now, if I can get an owners manual, I'll find out what half of
these switches do.

Anyone want a white '93 with slicers and a 5-speed? Dynomax cat-back,
Powerslot rotors and Carbotech brakes. Good condition for 105K. Well
maintained.

Marc/Atlanta