[Shotimes] TORX Specs link

MonsieurBoo@aol.com MonsieurBoo@aol.com
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 09:58:07 EST

Here's a link that shows the point-to-point measurement of the TORX tool bits
in both inches and mm for each TORX size.  With a little careful measuring of
the TORX slots in those large fasteners it should be possible to determine
which size is the correct one and avoid buying the wrong size bit.  Smaller
sizes demand progressively more measuring finesse but I assume those bits are
already in our toolkits.

http://www.wihatools.com/torxspec.htm

Interestingly enough, the progression of these values from small to large
TORX sizes isn't at all apparent by looking at the numbers.  However, when I
graphed them on a logarithmic scale, it generates a nice straight line so there is
some method to their madness.  If anyone's interested I'll send you the .XLS

Cheers,

Mark LaBarre
'94 ATX 125k
D.C.

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 21:19:51 -0500, Bruce Malachuk wrote:

> the larges I have is a t-25 I think and I know that is way
>tooo small.

I think it is the same size as is used for the seat belt retractors.  Maybe a
T-30
or 35.