[Shotimes] Re: Broken Timing Belt

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 23:18:38 -0600

Rick,

It is possible that there is no damage.  The V6 SHO is a
"non-interferrence" engine and thus the valves should be fine.

I have heard of some damage to the tensioner or dust guards
or maybe the crank sensor, so check the are out carefully.

SHO Nut Performance has a great 60K video that takes you
through the entire process of replacing the cam belt, crank
sensor and water pump (good idea to consider replacing them
while you are there) and how to time the cams and take it
all apart and put back together without too much cussing.
It really isn't that bad of a job.  Worst part is getting
the crank pully bolt off.

Don Mallinson
S.H.O. Club
http://www.shoclub.com