[Shotimes] Re: Broken Timing Belt

Marcus shodude@bellsouth.net
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 07:09:59 -0500

Rick,

I'm sure you've already received this info from the other list, but here goes
anyway.

You need to pull the timing vane and crank sensor and inspect it very
carefully. I lost a belt on my old 91's original engine. When it broke, it
bent the timing vane ever so slightly and cracked the crank sensor. I changed
the belt and the sensor, but missed the bent timing vane. I pulled it back
apart and inspected everything closely. I could see that it was actually
bent... but barely. The gap is only 8 mm, so it doesn't take much.

Marcus B
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rick Glass
  To: 'V8 SHO'
  Cc: shotimes@autox.team.net
  Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 12:42 AM
  Subject: Re: Broken Timing Belt

  Thanks everyone...I got the information I needed, off to find some parts
tomorrow, should be on the road by Monday

  Rick Glass
        SESHOC
  ' 96 BS  171k     Kirk'd
  ' 99 Silver 41k    Parked
        Flowmaster Original 40's
        3rd cat/resonator removed
        Intake slighly modified
        To be Kirk'd at the Southeast CamFest (August)