[Shotimes] GEN1 brakes

Kevin & Cheryl Airth clubairth@peoplepc.com
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 07:53:17 -0600

David:
 I have had the same thing happen. It's a 9mm thread and I could NOT find a
Heli-coil insert. I did find a Keen-sert which is much better but pretty
expensive. The cheapest is to replace the spindle. But it would also be a
great excuse/time to gather 96 Brake upgrade parts. Somebody over tightened
it and stripped it out. I could not find an oversize caliper slider pin.
Some GM products can be fixed this way.
.
.

> First major repair today and it was a front brake job. Now i've got a
problem. there are 3  T-40 torx bolts holding the calipers on. And a bastard
sized allen head on the lower drivers side. and the damn thing won't tighten
down. And it looks like the knuckle may be stripped. Any tips to repair
this? And I can't find the oversized self cutting caliper bolt anywhere.
That's what I get for driving Ford's in a GM town.