[Shotimes] first night out in the Sr 72

Jeffrey Hall silversleepersho@verizon.net
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:41:59 -0800

Awesome!

Is it modded at all?  Or pretty much just "lightened"? =)

~ SS

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of don d
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 10:50 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] first night out in the Sr 72

Finally after a years worth of work I was able to enjoy the fruits of my
labor.

My first attempt at the drag strip ... told me that the car is real
quick. But no traction especially with the lightened wieght that I have
done over the past several mths.

I defintily need to get some Nitto or comparable drag radials.

I did only two runs ... first time was a 2500 drop of the clutch and my
60 foot time 3.15 ... terrible ... All i got was wheel spin for the
first 100 yds .. had to let out of it ... and still got close to 100
mph.

1/4 mile time obviously sucked ... 15.3

My second and final attempt ( by this time i had talked to some guys in
the staging lane .. and verified that the track was real loose ) ... so
my second time was more like it.

I started off at almost idle ... and just punched it and i had virtually
no wheel spin ( also had no rpms !)

It was real foggy ... so some of the timers couldnt get a read out and i
didnt get a 60 ' time. I am sure it was better but still poor.

But starting off slow, i still managed a 14.3 at 100.87

I think with some drag radials .... and more practice ... i should be
able to consitently get in the upper 13's.

I still havent dynoed the engine either ... but i think there is more hp
to be tapped and i know i can shave about another 80 pds off the car.

My eventual target weight is around 2750.

dond
91SHO everyday driver
89 Race preped Super SHO w/ cinncy cowl hood and all the goodies !
weighs in at 2840

All work performed by yours truly