[Shotimes] thermostat help

jeremy d manlief jermdm@juno.com
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 02:11:14 -0500

hello. i am new to this and i would like some help. i have recently
acquired a 95 mtx and i am getting alot of new parts together so i can
put it back in tip top shape. i just got some parts for it in the mail
from which it looked like a good place to buy from for sho parts.(got
some belts and a b-revision thermostat kit.) the thermostat kit i got was
an ac delco thermostat(part# 131-87) and an ac delco temp sender for the
gauge(part# f1855), plus an o-ring. are these ok pieces to use or should
i get the correct stuff? its funny that the place sent me 2 themos., 2
temp senders, and 2 o-rings and charged me 29.99 for it and i priced them
from a parts store individually and the total for these 2 thermostat
kits(ac delco)is only about 26.00(13.00 for each kit). just hope the
belts are the correct ones. anyway, any help on the thermostat question
will be very helpful. thanks.