[Shotimes] M.A.P. Sensor

Kevin & Cheryl Airth clubairth@peoplepc.com
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:22:12 -0600

Kristen:
 The SHO has a BAP instead of a MAP. The difference is the BAP (Sometimes
called the BARO sensor too)  looks like a vacuum hose should attach to the
nipple but it is the port for atmospheric pressure. MAP = Manifold Absolute
Pressure.  BAP = Barometric Absolute Pressure. I think Ford used the same
case for both sensors (MAP sensor is used on some other Ford applications)
and it sure looks like a vacuum hose needs to be plugged in to it!
.
.

> First, thanks to everyone who helped me out with the rear brake pistons.
Now I've been looking at my M.A.P. Sensor and I noticed that the vaccuum
hose was no longer attached.  I looked all over for it, but was unable to
find it.  Does anyone know where the vaccuum hose attaches at the other end?