[Shotimes] PIAA 1500XT driving lights--question

Rbade12@aol.com Rbade12@aol.com
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 08:46:56 EST

In a message dated 2/15/2004 1:14:53 AM Central Standard Time,
fwhittle@mindspring.com writes:
Are there any opinions as to whether these can simply be installed and used
as is in place of the factory foglights, or do they require wiring upgrades,
relays, switches, etc.?  They're part #1552.  Anybody done this and have any
hints?
I installed these years ago [got e'm when Carparts.com had them for
$50...still feel guilty about that] so forgive me if memory is a bit vague.

They require nothing but cutting and splicing to wire, no new wiring, relays,
etc.. To mount, I believe I had to drill a couple holes in the back of the
space they go in, it was pretty intutitive. I had, previously, done the foglight
upgrade that spearates foglight control from high beam control, so instead of
having to reach down and push the button to turn off and on, I added the
button switch with the long wire PIAA provides, simply spliced it into the
foglight switch. I removed my ashtray and bunch it up and store it there. When I use
it, dependent on the intensity of driving, I use the velcro strap and mount it
to the shifter knob or I strap it to a finger or the steering wheel [careful
with this, don't limit steering travel].

Good luck!

Bob 93 MTX
       91 Audi 200q20v
       96 VW Passat GLX VR6