[Shotimes] Re: Sable vs SHO headlights

Herman Anker heranker@rogers.com
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 22:08:40 -0500

Never tried it myself, but there is no doubt that fishtanks does not come with Sable headlights. Attaching old fishtanks is no big deal if you access to a professional  plastic "welder" glue and some polycarb cutoff. Together they make a great paste to fill any cracks.
My view is that if you are ready to replace headlamps and the reason could be many: having hard time to see at night or you had your front end repainted and the headlamps looks worn out. In both cases, a new Sable headlamp (w/o fishtanks) will reveil how worn the fish tanks are so it will still look cosmethically wrong. If you are not ready to pay for complete SHO headlamp (with fishtanks), Id say it better to sand them down slightly by hand until yellow and pitting disappeears, and paint them with marine UV protective clear coat. A quart of that stuff might not be cheap if u have to ship it. Never done that either, but is a proven procedure among headligth freaks.

hope that helps