[Shotimes] Re: Shotimes] FS: Stage1 cams for sale

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:37:30 -0600

They are usually reground cams that allow for higher lift.
the duration and timing usually remain close to the same
since you are still working with the stock cams.

They usually allow for more top end HP, but can hurt low end
torque.

SHO SHop lists their Stage 1 cam as having 218 deg of
duration with a lift of .370. A stock SHO cam is .350 lift
and 195 degrees of duration.  I don't know if Joseph's stage
1 cams are the same, but they should be close.

SHO Shop dyno testing claimed 17 hp with a stage 1 cam added
to what is known as a bolt-on Stage plus (improved intake,
exhaust, Underdrive pully, extrude honed intake and big bore
butterflys).  Total hp gain with this setup was a claimed 51

SHO SHop dyno charts do show a slight increase in torque
across the rpm range with about 20 lb ft peak with the stage
1 cams AND the bolt-on Stage Plus

The stage 1 cams have an almost stock idle, and should be
able to pass most emissions tests.

My own dyno testing backed up most of the claims above.

Don Mallinson
SHO Club