[Shotimes] Radiator Fan Motor Woes

Robert A. Pittman, Jr. rob.pittman@verizon.net
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:39:20 -0600

If it's not one thing, it's another.

My 90MTX was running hot.  Radiator ended up busting a seam due to age and
corrosion, etc.  Made for a lot of excitement when it went.  Anyway,
replaced the rad.  Car is running nice and cool as long as it's moving.  In
traffic, it heats up.

Put the A/C on MAX, fan didn't come on.  Unplugged the wiring harness from
the fan motor at the IRCM.  Switched on A/C to MAX, VOM shows voltage going
out of the IRCM to the fan.  Cleaned contacts on connection.  Still no joy
with fan.

I'm guessing the brushes are shot.   Seems to be a common problem.  So far,
all I've been able to turn up is a replacement fan, motor, and shroud from
FPN for $200.   If anybody knows of any alternatives, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks for y'alls help.

Rob
90MTX, 110K