[Shotimes] poor man's white rims

van Oss van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:13:46 -0600

I own two 91 white SHOs.  One is a Plus (the legendary Plus From Hell) with
white slicers, and the other is a regular SHO that has some plus-style stuff
added by me (blacked-out pillars, rear spoiler) with silver slicers.

Moi has decided that the non-Plus needs white slicers to be tres chic.  But
it must be on the cheap.  (Mais ce doit jtre trhs bon marchi.)

If I remove the silver slicers, scuff them with fine sandpaper, prime, and
spray-paint with primo stuff, will it adhere?  Or do I have to remove the
tires, chem-strip the rims, etc.?  I have never painted over previous
clearcoat.

Thanks for any advice.

VO