[Shotimes] tire sizes

James F. Ryan III av8r567@optonline.net
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:01:45 -0500

>I would think ford recalibrated (sp) the speedo after
>putting larger wheels on it.

89-90:

215/65-15
  26.00" diameter
  81.7" circumference
  77,552 revolutions/mile

91-95:

215/60-16
  26.16" diameter
  82.2" circumference
  77,080 revolutions/mile

0.16" difference in diameter is negligible.  I'm sure there's that much
variation (and more) among manufacturers .  A GoodYear 215/60-16 is prolly a
different diameter (and width) than a Michelin of the same size.

James F. Ryan III